Working with SEO companies to build up your backlink network is a great way to get increased traffic to your site as well as an improved search engine ranking from sites like Google, Bing and Yahoo!. There are a lot of different methods to building up your backlinks, and not all of them are feasibly done if you are working by yourself. However, with SEO companies, you can take on the majority of the below methods to make sure you are getting the necessary traffic to your site.
Familiarize yourself with the below techniques on link building to improve the SEO for your website.
- Commenting on blog posts. You should be reading blogs that are similar to yours in topic and be commenting on these posts. You should add relevant and helpful comments and include a backlink at the bottom. Make sure your comment pertains to the post, adds some value and is on a relevant post.
- Social Bookmarking sites. You can comment on posts on social bookmarking sites and include backlinks just like you do on blog posts. Make sure you don’t do too many and you only do it on posts that are very relevant to your own.
- Article Writing. You can write articles and submit them to article directories. Include a link at the bottom of your article. These articles should be around 500 words with a keyword density of 1-3%. Make sure your keyword is in the title and the first paragraph. However, most importantly, your article needs to be informative, helpful and engaging. The reader should have learned something at the end of the article.
- Forum Commenting. When you comment on a post in a forum, your signature comes up at the bottom of it. You can use this to include a backlink and a bit about yourself so if people like what you say in the comment, they can follow you to your website. As with all of the other areas to create backlinks, you need to ensure your comment is related to the post you are commenting on, and make sure your comment is helpful. If you comment and your post appears as spam, your website will be punished.
- Social Media sites. You can use sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to build up your backlinks. Through your tweets and updates, you can include links back to your sites. Also, on your Info and About pages, you can include backlinks as well.
You may have noticed a theme, and the theme is relevance. Every comment and post that you make needs to be related to your site, otherwise you will be wasting your time. SEO companies know this and this is why they focus on targeting related posts and sites to make sure you do not get marked as spam.